- Go to OCLC FirstSearch WorldCat.
- Search the database using keyword, title, author, etc. Note that you can limit the type of item, select a juvenile or not juvenile audience, and identify the type of content, and format.
- On the search results page, click on the title of the desired item to read a description and get more information.
Request an ILL in OCLC:
- Under "Availability," click on "Borrow this item from another library."
- Enter the requested information and submit the form.
- You will be called when the item is available to borrow. If you have not been notified within three weeks, we encourage you to contact us so we can check on the status of your request.
Note: Some items may not be available for ILL, especially rare items that few libraries own and local history or genealogical materials.
Anyone who has a permanent library card with under $5 in fines can request to borrow materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- Please check our catalog to be sure that we do not have the title. Items that we own are not eligible for ILL unless you need them in an alternate format.
- We cannot request items released less than six months ago. If the item you are requesting is relatively new, or even just something you think the library should have, please consider suggesting a purchase first.
- You can request up to three ILLs per week and have no more than 10 checked out at one time.
- There is a fee of $2 per item due at pickup. Items not picked up will still be assessed a $2 fee.
- ILL requests may be placed via the Adult Help Desk in person, by calling (405) 372-3633 x8106, by completing the request form, or by finding the item via OCLC FirstSearch and using the instructions above.
- ILLs can take up to three weeks to arrive.
Borrowing From OSU
Did you know that if you are an Oklahoma resident with an Oklahoma ID, and you are 18 or older, you can get a courtesy card to borrow items from OSU's Edmon Low Library? Additionally, if there is a title that you want to borrow via ILL that OSU has and they can fulfill the request, it will arrive at our library within approximately one week free of charge. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to get titles directly from OSU, but we will try when possible.
Using OCLC First Search WorldCat
You can use the FirstSearch database that searches millions of items in libraries across the country. It's useful to find titles on specific topics, to find out if other libraries have a specific item, and to request to borrow items from other libraries. The steps for using FirstSearch are listed in the drop-down menu at the top of the page. You can also ask a librarian to show you how.
Interlibrary Loans can only be renewed at the discretion of the lending institution. To request a renewal, you must email or call the Interlibrary Loan Librarian at least 4 days before the due date using the contact information below.