Winter Read-a-thon 2023
The library is putting a twist on its annual winter reading program to wrap up our Centennial! There will still be the same components you are used to, including reading to earn prizes, with the goal of encouraging reading over the holiday break. But, participants can also help raise funds for the Library Trust, by reading and sharing their individualized donation pages with family, friends, and social networks. All ages are eligible to participate. This year's program runs from December 1-31, 2023.
- Register online using Beanstack by Dec. 1 or download the app. Participants can sign up earlier, but won't be able to track reading until Dec. 1.
- Track your reading using Beanstack. (Paper trackers can also be used in conjunction with Beanstack. Pick them up at the Help Desks or download one.)
- 5, 10, 15, & 20 hours read: Readers of all ages will earn a small prize and get an entry into the grand prize drawing for their age group (children, teens, or adults). A total of 4 incentives can be earned.
- 10 hours read: Participants in the programs for children and teens earn a free book. Adults receive a free book coupon for the Friends of the Library's used book sale.
- 25+ hours read: Prizes can no longer be earned, but participants will still get an entry in the grand prize drawing for every additional 5 hours read.
- Grand Prize Drawing: At the end of the program, one reader from each group will win a $50 gift card to the local bookstore of their choice. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, January 3.
Winter Reading Mascot
As in previous years, we will hide our winter reading mascot in the library. Children visiting the library are invited to find it and bring it to the Help Desks to get a small prize. Our mascot will begin popping up around the library on Dec. 1.
Movie Screening: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Join us on Saturday, Dec. 16 for activities and a screening of this classic holiday favorite. Games run from 12-1 p.m. and the movie will begin at 1 p.m. Light refreshments will be available.
Sponsors include the Friends of the Stillwater Public Library. The following businesses provided coupons for reading incentives: Blue Spruce, Chick-fil-A, Mazzios, McAlisters, Old School Bagel, Texas Roadhouse, The Garage, and Whataburger.