Summer Reading Program 2023: All Together Now
The Stillwater Public Library offers a summer reading program for all ages --kids, teens, and adults!
- Register on Beanstack, or download the app.
- Start reading and track your time using Beanstack from May 22 until July 22. And yes, EVERYTHING counts! Audiobooks, graphic novels, magazines, etc. all count! (Paper trackers can also be used in conjunction with Beanstack. Pick them up at the Help Desk or download one.)
- Every 5 hours (300 minutes): All ages earn a small prize, including food coupons from local businesses, while supplies last.
- At 10 hours (600 minutes): Kids (ages 0-5th grade) earn a free book that can be picked up at the Award Ceremony on July 25 or anytime starting July 26. One per child.
- At 15 hours (900 minutes): Teens (grades 6-12) earn a free book that can be picked up starting July 26. One per teen.
- At 20 hours (1200 minutes): Adults (ages 18+) earn a coupon for a free book from the Friends of the Library's Used Book Sale. Coupons may be picked up starting July 26. One coupon per adult.
- Grand Prize Drawing (Every 5 hours/300 minutes): Earn an entry in the grand prize drawing for every 5 hours read. One prize will be awarded at the end of summer reading in each age group --kids, teens, and adults. Visit the Help Desk for a list of grand prize options by age group.
The library has weekly programs for kids and teens and various programs for adults and all ages. Visit the calendar to view upcoming events, or download the summer reading handout for a complete listing of summer reading activities.
Major sponsors of the summer reading program include the Friends of the Stillwater Public Library, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.
Additional support for programs has been provided by Balanced Coffee, GameStop, Hideaway Pizza, Hotworx, Jimmy's Egg, Little Caesars, Louie's Grill & Bar, OSU Athletics, OSU Cowgirl Tennis, Papa Johns, Red Earth Yoga, Stillwater Milling Company, and Ted's Tacos & Cantina.
Sponsors providing reading incentive prizes include Blue Spruce, Boom-a-rang Diner, Chick-fil-a, Chris' University Spirit, Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, Frios, Fuzzy's Taco Shop, HTeaO, Insomnia Cookies, McAlister's Deli, McDonald's, Old School Bagel, OnCue, Persimmon Hill Bakery, Raising Cane's, Smitty's Garage Burgers, Sonic, Texas Roadhouse, What-a-burger, and Youth Fitness Zone.