How do I apply?

To apply to participate in the program, you need to complete an employment certification form. Once the form is complete, you need to send it to your loan holder. The U.S Department of Education will notify you in writing or electronically of the number of qualifying payments you have made while employed full time by a qualifying employer and how many more you must make before you are eligible to apply for the program.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program?
2. What types of loans are qualifying?
3. What is a qualifying payment?
4. A qualifying monthly payment is a payment you make under a qualifying repayment plan for the full amount due as shown on your bill no later than 15 days after your due date while you are employed full
5. Does my income level determine eligibility for the program?
6. How do I apply?