The library has access to the Legal Information Reference Center, a database with numerous full-text consumer legal reference books, publications, and legal forms. The library has many legal books available to borrow; most are located in the Adult Non-fiction section in the 340s. For more information about the Dewey Decimal system, visit the How-to page.
|Database Name||Description||In-Library Link||Remote Link||Log-in Info|
|Legal Information Reference Center||Full-text articles from top consumer legal reference books, publications, and forms||In-Library||Remote||Library card number|
- Oklahoma State Court Network (OSCN) - Research Oklahoma statutes and case law, check upcoming dockets and search and view past filings in major county courts
- On Demand Court Records (ODCR) - Search public court records in participating county courts @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Oklahoma Voter Portal - Find your voter registration information, your polling place, view upcoming election ballots, your voting history, request absentee ballots, and more; you can also fill out a voter registration form that you can print, sign, and mail to your local election board. Note: the library also has paper registration forms available.
- Find Your Oklahoma Legislators - Type in your address to find who represents you in the State and U.S. House and Senate @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Legal Aid of Oklahoma's Self-Help Forms - Access to self-help forms from Legal Aid and other sources
- Oklahoma State Court Network's Forms - OSCN includes some online forms
- Public Legal - An index of free forms posted online; note that while there are free examples, there are also fee-based forms @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- City of Stillwater Code - Access Stillwater's code and search Municode for City codes throughout the U.S.
- Oklahoma State Statutes - Access citationized Oklahoma Statutes via OSCN.
- Oklahoma Session Laws - Access Oklahoma's official session laws.
- Oklahoma State Constitution - Access Oklahoma's Constitution.
- United States Constitution - A transcription of the U.S. Constitution from the National Archives.
- United States Code - A consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the U.S. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Legal Information for Oklahoma - A packet of resource sheets by topic (bankruptcy, divorce, etc.), and a listing of law libraries in Oklahoma
- Martindale Lawyer Locator - Contains more than 900,000 listings of U.S. lawyers and law firms, organized by state and type of practice
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Search for an Oklahoma attorney, read OK specific legal arguments, get information and watch videos on specific legal topics, and find out how to file a complaint against an attorney
- OK Law - Oklahoma-specific legal explanations from Legal Aid of Oklahoma
- OK Legal Connect - A partnership site with Legal Aid of Oklahoma to help find legal help for eligible low-income people with civil legal problems in the state of Oklahoma
- Supreme Court of the United States - Find information about cases
- FindLaw - Searchable listings for federal and state case law as well as statutes, codes, and regulations @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>