Search & Borrow
Using the Catalog
Use the library catalog to search physical items as well as digital holdings in the OK Virtual Library. Library staff members are happy to show you how to search or give you tips to navigate and use the catalog.
You can borrow a total of 30 items on your account (not including paperbacks or digital titles).
- This total may include a maximum of six music CDs, CD-books, or DVDs each, two kits, and one electronic device.
- Fifteen paperbacks (from the paperback racks section) can be checked out at one time.
- Users can borrow six digital titles from the OK Virtual Library/Libby at a time.
Check Out Periods
Most items check out for 15 days and can be renewed twice unless another patron placed a hold on the item.
- Items with holds check out for 8 days and cannot be renewed.
- Electronic devices are limited to one week with one renewal.
- Interlibrary loan due dates are determined by the lending libraries.
- Paperbacks (from the paperback racks section) have no formal due date and can be returned whenever you are finished with them.
Fines for Overdue Items
Items that are not returned by their due date accrue fines of $0.25 per item, per day. Electronic devices accrue fines of $1 per item, per day. The maximum amount that can be charged for any one item is $5 once the item has been returned to the library. If items are not returned, users will be charged for the cost of the item.
Get Due Date Reminders
Need an extra reminder to help you keep track of when your library items are due? Sign-up for Library Elf, a web-based and email tool for library users to keep track of their library loans. It's also a great way to keep track of which books you've read! What you get sent from Library Elf:
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and holds
- Consolidated list of your and/or your family's library loans and holds
- Text message alerts for holds