Here are some of the reasons we should Shop Local:
- When you shop local, you ensure that your sales tax dollars are reinvested where they belong — in your community.
- Dollars you spend locally support vital public services in the city of Stillwater and Payne County — including public safety, parks, streets and other aspects of Stillwater’s quality of life.
- Your local purchases support local jobs.
- You strengthen the local economy. Local businesses tend to buy and sell with other local businesses.
- Also, local ownership of businesses means residents with roots in the community are involved in key development decisions that shape our lives and the local environment.
- Consumer surveys repeatedly show independent businesses are rated high in overall customer satisfaction.
- Local businesses pick the items and products they sell based on what they know you like and want — in other words, they have a vested interest in serving you.
- Local business owners often sell local products, which helps preserve the community’s distinction.
Shopping Centers in Stillwater
- Bradford Plaza: Between Hall of Fame and McElroy on Main St.
- Campus Corner: Corner of Knoblock St. and University Ave.
- Cimarron Plaza: North of Stillwater High School on North Boomer Rd.
- Downtown Stillwater: Between Duncan St. and Lowry St. from 4th Ave. to 15th Ave.
- Frontier Plaza: Between Virginia Ave. and 3rd. Ave. on Perkins Rd.;
- Lakeview Pointe: South of Lakeview Rd. on Perkins Rd.'
- Pioneer Square: Perkins Rd. between Hall of Fame Ave. and McElroy Rd
- The Strip: South of OSU campus on Washington St.