The library has numerous books on small business and business management topics located mostly in Dewey section 650. However, there may be resources in other areas that assist with other topics such as website design, business legal issues, etc. We also have access to the Small Business Reference Center, a database with forms, online books, and videos on numerous small business topics.
|Database Name||Description||In-Library Link||Remote Link||Log-in Info|
|Small Business Reference Center||Forms, online books, articles, and videos on business topics||In-Library||Remote||Library card number|
- Meridian Technology Center's Business and Entrepreneurial Services - Meridian provides business consulting and coaching, business incubation, and training and events including a quarterly free "Starting Your Business Class" at the library
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce - Oklahoma-specific guidance for starting a business in Oklahoma including licensing and more
- REI Women's Business Center - An Oklahoma nonprofit that operates Oklahoma's Women's Business Center. Provides training, one-on-one counseling, access to capital, referrals, and technical assistance
- Riata Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Supports OSU students, faculty and staff, alumni, and the State of Oklahoma in entrepreneurship
- Stillwater Chamber of Commerce - Stillwater's nonprofit business organization offers resources, programs, and networking opportunities @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- America's Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) - Information about SBDC partners and resources
- IRS Small Business & Self-Employed Tax Center - Resources for small businesses and individuals who are self-employed
- Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) - Federal agency focused on growth and competitiveness of minority businesses; also resources and grant opportunities
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - Business guides, funding programs, market research, and more
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office - Patent and trademark basics, training, events, free services, entrepreneur resources, and more
- Veteran's Business Outreach Center (VBOC) - A program through the SBA providing resources to veterans, service members, and military spouses interested in starting a business
- Women's Business Centers (WBC) - A network of entrepreneurship centers throughout the U.S. designed to help women start businesses @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Community Development Financial Institutions Fund - Specialized, mission-driven financial institutions that create economic opportunity for individuals and small businesses.
- Farm Credit System - Key providers of financing for small farms and other agricultural businesses across the country.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - Find lists of banks, one of small businesses' sources of capital.
- FDIC's Money Smart for Small Business - Training modules and other resources for those starting a business.
- GovLoans.gov - Learn about different types of federal business loans available.
- Grants.gov - Explore federal grants available for small businesses.
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce - Published reports, maps of building sites, workforce profiles, and assistance with custom research
- U.S. Census Bureau - Find data about the demographics of your community including population, housing, and the economy
- U.S. Department of Commerce - Data and reports for economic indicators, environmental data, and performance data
- U.S. Department of Labor Statistics - Information on U.S. working conditions, labor market activity, and price changes in the economy @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>