Holiday Collection Information
Yes! We collect trash, single-stream, and glass recycling collection on all holidays, but not yard waste. As always, set your carts out by 6 am because collection routes can vary.
The Convenience Collection Center is closed for city-observed holidays.
During the holiday season, Stillwater residents go through packaging and wrapping paper more than any other time of year. Proper recycling is encouraged and appreciated from all our waste management customers.
Here is a list of recyclables accepted in your single-stream recycle cart:
- Cardboard boxes (flattened)
- Rigid plastics labeled Number 1, 2, and 5 only
- Metal cans and containers (including empty Christmas tins that contained popcorn, cookies, or candy)
- Aluminum cans
Place the following items in your trash cart:
- Gift bags made of foil, shiny, glitter or, plastic materials
- Wrapping paper (all types)
- Plastic bags
- Plastics Numbers 3, 4, 6. and 7
- Tissue paper
- Ribbons and bows
- Packing peanuts
- Bubble wrap, plastic film or, plastic packaging material
- Plastic strapping
- Christmas lights
- Bulbs and ornaments
- Textiles (tree skirts, stockings or, clothing)
- Ceramics (ornaments, plates, bowls or, cups)
- Electronics (anything with a cord, uses batteries or, winds up)
- Artificial Christmas trees
For live Christmas tree removal, customers can leave their undecorated tree curbside as yard waste, which is collected weekly on your pickup day except for the first one of the month. Trees must be cut and bundled, with limbs no longer than four feet long, less than 18 inches across and less than 35 pounds. The Convenience Collection Center is not accepting Christmas trees at this time.