Convenience Collection Center
The Convenience Collection Center is a professionally staffed, drive-through service for disposing of non-hazardous recyclable items, household garbage, trash, and yard waste.
While many items may be disposed of free of charge, the Convenience Collection Center accepts checks and cash as payment when there is a fee. You may also purchase and drop off Pay-As-You-Throw Bags.
Trailers are prohibited.
Items Accepted with No Fee
- Solid recyclables
- Yard waste (also called green or vegetative waste)
- One load per day up to 120 cubic feet (length by height by width)
- Limbs must be less than 8 feet in length
- You will need to bring a City of Stillwater utility bill that was issued within the last three months and an I.D. The last name or address on the I.D. must match the last name or service address on the bill.
- 2 tires per day without rims
- Metal appliances (including microwaves)
- Appliances containing Freon (refrigerators), must be purged and have a sticker affixed to it that certifies it was purged correctly.
- Textiles and clothing
- Cooking oil
- Car batteries
- Rechargeable batteries
- Scrap metal
- Medical sharps in medical sharp container
Items Accepted with a Fee
Fees are set by the Stillwater Utilities Authority.
- Containers up to 35 gallons (garbage) / $1.50
- Small furniture items (up to standard recliner size) / $5
- Medium furniture (loveseat) / $10
- Large furniture items (up to standard couch size) / $15
- Small electronics (clock radio, hold in one hand) / $5
- Medium electronics (takes two hands but not very heavy) / $10
- Large electronics (large stereo, bulky or heavy) / $15
- Compact fluorescent/compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) light bulbs / $0.25 per bulb
- Fluorescent tubes/fluorescent lamp (FL) light bulbs / $0.25 per bulb
- TVs/monitors / $25
- 1 gallon latex paint / $2
- 5 gallon latex paint / $7
- Small wood load / $5
- Medium wood load / $10
- Large wood load / $15
- Mattress (any size) / $5
- Carpet load / $5 to $20
- Motor oil / $0.20 per gallon
Items Not Accepted
- Construction debris
- Hazardous waste
- Explosive materials
- Items prohibited by law
- Medical waste
- Non-recyclable commercial waste