We provide municipal collection of residential and commercial waste (trash) and recycling services for Stillwater and the surrounding area. Our collection programs are safe, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally responsible.
If you have questions about your service, contact Utility and Billing Services.
Trash & Recycling Services
The City of Stillwater offers household trash, garbage and recycling services to residents living in single-family, duplexes and mobile homes. Collection service is available to Stillwater residents and to those who live up to three miles outside city limits.
Services Inside City Limits
If you live within city limits, the following services are available as part of your monthly rate:
- Household trash collection once per week, including holidays.
- Household single-stream recycling collection once per week, including holidays.
- Glass recycling collection on the first collection day of the month.
- Yard waste collection once per week, except the first collection day of the month and on holidays.
- Access to the Convenience Collection Center.
- Curbside collection of Pay-As-You-Throw Trash Bags.
- Move-In/Move-out Pickup Special. As a residential customer, you are allowed to schedule up to two special cleanups (which means 20 bags or boxes) within a 12-month period. Call (405) 742-8245 and arrange for a curbside pickup.
Services Available for an Additional Fee:
- Bulk Item Pickup Service: If you need to get rid of furniture, appliances or electronics and would like them picked up, call (405) 742-8245 and arrange for curbside pickup. Ask about fees.
- Extra Cart Service: For a fee of $10 per cart, city staff will empty your trash and/or single-stream recycle cart on a day other than your regular waste collection day.
Services Outside City Limits
If you live outside city limits, the following services are included in your monthly trash rate:
- Commercial Waste Management Utility Rates (PDF)
- How Do I Get Rid Of It - Infographic (PDF)
- Residential Trash and Recycling Collection Map and Schedule (PDF)
- Residential Waste Management Utility Rates (PDF)
- Waste Management Collection Schedule 2023 (PDF)
- Waste Management Collection Schedule 2024 (PDF)
- What Can and Cannot Be Recycled (PDF)