Learn more about the City of Stillwater, how it operates, what services it provides, which projects are underway and plans for the future by scheduling a presentation for your group, special event or classroom. Members of the Stillwater City Council and city staff are pleased to address specific municipal topics or to respond to general city-related questions.
Groups may include neighborhood associations, school clubs, civic organizations, or any Stillwater group wanting to be informed.
To request a presentation by city staff or City Council, contact us one of three ways:
We'll contact you to confirm arrangements. Allow for a 30-day advance notice for your presentation. If you don't see the topic you need, let us know.
- Growing Stillwater: Learn about our changing business community and the tools used to promote strong growth
- How to get involved: Role of citizens in city government
- Learn more about Utility Customer Service
- Let's talk trash and recycling
- Parks and Recreation opportunities
- Putting the work in public works: Meet the Operations Department
- Running your city: Overall operations of city government
- Transparency in government
- Your city golf course: Lakeside Memorial Golf Course
- Your tax dollars at work
- Animal Welfare's mission, function, and responsibilities.
- Too many animals, too few homes. Pet overpopulation and solutions, for adults or the school classroom.
- Master planning and visioning for Stillwater
- What requires a building permit?
- What is stormwater?
- Can I build in the floodplain?
- Environmental Programs: Who we are and what we do
- Beware of FOG (Fats, Oils and Grease)
- Introduction to the Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Annual Trash-Off
- Household Hazardous Waste collection
- Presentations on specific environmental issues are possible. Call or email us for more information.
- The Stillwater Public Library's knowledgeable and experienced librarians are available to present a wide range of timely and informative topics. For a complete list, visit the Library's website.
Public Safety (Fire)
- History of the Stillwater Fire Department
- How to become Firewise
- Fire prevention education for the home or workplace
- Customized fire prevention presentations are available. Call or email us for more information.
Public Safety (Police)
- Alcohol laws (for college students)
- Crime, drugs and drug laws
- Drug court and the criminal justice system
- Elder exploitation
- False identification card detection for liquor and convenience stores
- Fingerprint classes for elementary schools
- Forensics class for school students
- Home and personal safety
- Identity theft
- Internet crimes against children
- Internet crimes for elementary schools
- Internet crimes/safety
- K-9 Presentations
- Property crimes and personal safety
- Public education on crimes against children
- Sexual assault awareness
- White collar crimes
Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- Community emergency response training
- How Stillwater Emergency Management Agency responds to a severe weather event
- Lightning safety and our warning system
- Outdoor warning system
- Stillwater Emergency Management Agency: Our role in the community
- The Flash Flood Guidance system and how we use it
- The role of the Emergency Operation Center
- The Stillwater Emergency Management Volunteer: A vital community resource
- Winter weather safety
- Animal Welfare Building
- Fire Station No. 2
- Transportation Projects
- What's happening at the Stillwater Regional Airport?
- Pavement Management Program
- Transportation Capital Programs
- Complete Streets
- Road diets
- Traffic signals
- Off-Street Trail Plan
- Animal Welfare
- Emergency Operation Center
- Lakeside Memorial Golf Course
- Stillwater Fire Stations
- Stillwater Regional Airport