As a Stillwater Fire Department (SFD) firefighter, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in your community. You'll be responsible for protecting lives and property, responding to emergencies, and providing essential services to those in need. You'll work as part of a team, using your skills, training, and courage to save lives.
The job of a firefighter is both physically and mentally demanding, but it is also incredibly rewarding. Every day, you'll have the chance to make a positive impact on the lives of others. You'll work with a diverse group of people, including other firefighters, police officers, and emergency medical personnel. You'll have the opportunity to learn new skills and advance your career.
In addition to the personal satisfaction of this meaningful work, the SFD offers competitive compensation, including paid sick leave and vacation, and a state pension plan. Firefighters receive a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, and a retirement plan. Some benefits are determined through the collective bargaining process.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Do you have the courage, strength, and determination to serve as a firefighter? If so, take the next step to see if you have what it takes to join the SFD.
To be considered for a position at the Stillwater Fire Department (SFD), applicants must meet the minimum requirements listed below.
- Age: Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Licenses: A valid driver’s license and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Basics. Candidates with an EMT-B license are required to obtain an EMT-A within 36 months of employment.
- Character: No one may apply who has been convicted of a felony.
- Background: Pass an extensive background check.
- Other: Pass the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) or be a member of the Oklahoma Pension System.
As a member of the Stillwater Fire Department (SFD), you're not a number in a faceless organization. You are an integral and valued member of a progressive department that is deeply connected to the community it serves.
- Strong training culture.
- Aggressive fire operations.
- Officer and leadership development opportunities.
- A culture that honors fire service traditions while moving boldly into the future.
- Work side by side with dedicated fire service professionals.
- Commitment to health and wellbeing.
- 48/96 work schedule.
- Starting pay over $48,000 - plus benefits.
- Ensure you meet the requirements for joining the SFD.
- Check for an opening on the City of Stillwater job listing page. Text ‘Fire’ to (405) 742-8281 to be notified.
- Submit an application including a cover letter, resume, and copies of applicable certifications.